Branded entertainment is the next big trend in marketing and already is changing the way companies approach their ad campaigns. There are many great examples of branded entertainment that have connected with consumers and had a positive impact for the brand. Here are some of the most significant examples of branded entertainment we’ve seen over the last few years.
- Survival Billboard: Rise of the Tomb Rider by McCann Worldgroup UK
To celebrate the launch of the game, McCann decided to create an experience: they created a survival of the grittiest billboard in the middle of London, where 8 people had to stand on the edge of a billboard for several hours with the objective of winning a prize. The campaign was a social success: more than 32k comments and 3.5M views in 24 hours!
2. SpaceX Starman Roadster
We all know that Elon Musk is a genius, and his latest SpaceX/Tesla campaign was probably from another planet. Literally. SpaceX launched a rocket to Mars, and to promote both brands and drum up interest, they included a Tesla roadster and a mannequin driver, named Starman, in the rocket. You can watch it orbiting the space live here.
3. Rio Paralympics: We’re the Superhumans
It was created by 4Creative London for the Paralympics games of 2014 in Rio. It featured a cast of 140 disabled people showing that they can do anything, from playing the piano, to fly a plane or swim. It achieved +40M views and +2M social media shares. Watch the video here.
4. Evan: Sandy Hook Promise
This harrowing video (watch here) was created by Sandy Hook Promise to prevent gun violence in schools. It features a short story about high schoolers and uses an incredibly emotionally compelling hook to show that gun violence is preventable. It reached 100M people in a week and earned 2 billion impressions in 133 countries.
5. Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World by Pereira O’Dell for NetScout
NetScout is a provider of cyber security and network performance management products. The campaign/movie is a documentary about the beginning and future of the internet and drove the companies searches from 2.5 billion to 25 billion! Watch trailer here.
6. Doritos Roulette Challenge
The Doritos Roulette challenge was incredible socially engaging, and generated more than 100 million organic views. Youtubers had to upload a video doing the challenge as it became a social phenomenon. In fact, if you type “Doritos Roulette Challenge” on youtube, there are 60.000 results. This is an example of a truly engaging idea that has adapted to the current world.
7. Other amazing campaigns:
- Boost your voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS6EgmjeB3k
- Unlimited Stadium for Nike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7lClrTUpE
- A love song written by a murderer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t3HNMRtmX0
- Label of Love for Monoprix supermarket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB5NlZormBA
- Once source for Absolut vodka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUfHHw4Bpc
- From the Start for Lacta chocolate (increased sales 14%): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PGhGoNyEyw
- Red Bull “The Art of Flight”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh29_SERH0Y
- “Hotel Victoria” for Grupo Modelo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jpukwl6ghQ
These are just a few of the many successful forms of branded entertainment that have connected with consumers. These memorable campaigns serve as inspiration for companies to continue to push the envelope and come up with new and creative forms of entertainment that their customers will love.
Do you want to learn more about branded entertainment and gaming? Click here to book a time to talk with one of our directors.